What is Lomilomi?
“Lomilomi means the loving touch, a connection between heart, hand and soul with the Source of all life. The purpose is to revive the body, to move blood and lymph, to open spasms and remove waste materials from muscles and connective tissue.”
“… If your hands are gentle and loving, your patient will feel the sincerity of your heart and the Lord’s healing will flow through you both.”
by Aunty Margaret Machado, LMT
Mind, Body & Spirit Expo 2016
Sat 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM and Sun 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM HealthSmart & PalmLeaf Massage Clinic will be there as one of the vendors. Come join us at our booth and get a complimentary Chair Massage & Body alignment assessment. Read more >>
About PalmLeaf Massage Clinic
Ramon Mascarenas is a Certified Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist, a Licensed Massage Therapist and owner of PalmLeaf Massage Clinic along with his wife, Jen. PalmLeaf Massage Clinic specializes in pain management through the use of a variety of techniques: Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy developed by John F. Kennedy’s personal physician and inspired by Lomi Lomi , a Hawaiian style massage for improved circulation and profound relaxation. PalmLeaf Massage Clinic has two convenient locations: one in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, and the other in Chicago’s North Shore in Northbrook, Illinois.
PalmLeaf Massage Clinic’s goal is to help clients enjoy life through the benefits of therapeutic massage and a holistic approach to wellness.
You deserve the whole package—wellness and therapeutic massage
- You get a full 60 minutes of treatment time, not 50 minutes like some places. A full 90 minutes of treatment time, not 80 minutes and a full 120 minutes, not 110 minutes.
- There’s no extra charge for deep tissue work or hot and cold packs when they’re needed for effective treatment.
- At your first appointment you’ll receive an evaluation to determine what factors might be contributing to your pain and mobility issues.
- Every session is customized to meet your individual treatment goals. Want a lighter touch or more pressure? No problem.
- You’ll learn self-care techniques that you can use at home.
- We nourish your skin with organic coconut oil. We wouldn’t think of using oils extracted with solvents or lotions containing toxic chemicals.
- We provide comfort touches like soothing music, soft lighting, a table warmer and microfiber linens.
Enjoy the good life. Enjoy a massage.™
- Preventive maintenance for an overall feeling of well-being
- Increases blood and lymph fluid circulation
- Increases efficiency of the immune system
- Improves digestive disorders
- Reduces healing time of pulled muscles, sprains and swelling
- Increases respiratory efficiency through deeper, easier breathing
- Relieves stress and tension and related problems
- Reduces blood pressure
- Corrects muscle imbalances improving coordination and balance
- Reduces tension-related headaches
- Reduces muscle spasm and stiffness
- Provides relief from painful muscle knots, cramps, spasms and stiffness
- Increases range of motion in joints
- Speeds the removal of metabolic waste products, allowing more oxygen and nutrients to reach the cells
- Promotes better posture
- Balance and harmony for the mind, body and spirit
• Back pain
• Neck pain
• Rotator cuff (shoulder) pain
• Jaw pain (TMJD)
• Tennis elbow
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
• Hand and arm pain
• Repetitive Strain Injuries
• Pelvic pain
• Hip pain
• “Sciatic” pain (buttock and leg pain)
• Leg and knee pain
• Plantar fascitis (foot) pain
• Disc pain (bulge/rupture/herniation) and radiculopathy
• Frozen shoulder