What is Lomilomi?
“Lomilomi means the loving touch, a connection between heart, hand and soul with the Source of all life. The purpose is to revive the body, to move blood and lymph, to open spasms and remove waste materials from muscles and connective tissue.”
“… If your hands are gentle and loving, your patient will feel the sincerity of your heart and the Lord’s healing will flow through you both.”
by Aunty Margaret Machado, LMT
Health Savings & Flex Savings Account
Monday & Thursday:
9am – 8:30pm
Buffalo Grove Clinic
at Touch of Health
9:00am – 8:30pm
9:00am – 8:30pm
9:00am – 8:30pm
9:00am – 3:00pm
About PalmLeaf Massage Clinic
Ramon Mascarenas, CMTPT, LMT is a Certified Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist, a Licensed Massage Therapist and owner of PalmLeaf Massage Clinic along with his wife, Jen. PalmLeaf Massage Clinic specializes in pain management through the use of a variety of techniques: Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy developed by John F. Kennedy’s personal physician and inspired by Lomi Lomi , a Hawaiian style massage for improved circulation and profound relaxation. PalmLeaf Massage Clinic has two convenient locations: one in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, and the other in Chicago’s North Shore in Northbrook, Illinois.
PalmLeaf Massage Clinic’s goal is to help clients enjoy life through the benefits of therapeutic massage and a holistic approach to wellness.
Recent event at Mind, Body & Spirit Expo 2016
Yelp Review: 5 Stars.
If I could give 6 stars I would. I have never experienced a trigger point massage though was encouraged by my husband to make an appointment with Ramon after he had just gone to Ramon a few days before. Every single one of the reviews about Ramon and his practice are spot on. Ramon is such an expert at what he does and takes great pride in his work. Throughout the entire massage he listens and understands your pain points, and works those areas to a level where you immediate feel the benefits. He knows the human body so well and knows exactly where to focus. The entire appointment flows from a consultation so that he really understood my pain challenges…to the massage which words can’t describe how wonderful it is…to the last part of the massage where he worked a bit more gently on my body while guiding me through breathing techniques and a peaceful mind…to a closing discussion where he provided guidance for my at home care for my problem areas. I walked out of my appointment feeling so relaxed and at ease. And take his advice. Do the Epsom salt bath that evening and following evenings. You will have soreness but it’s a good kind of soreness. Looking forward to monthly appointments with Ramon. — JH K.
You deserve the whole package—wellness and therapeutic massage
- You get a full 60 minutes of treatment time, not 50 minutes like some places. A full 90 minutes of treatment time, not 80 minutes and a full 120 minutes, not 110 minutes.
- There’s no extra charge for deep tissue work or hot and cold packs when they’re needed for effective treatment.
- At your first appointment you’ll receive an evaluation to determine what factors might be contributing to your pain and mobility issues.
- Every session is customized to meet your individual treatment goals. Want a lighter touch or more pressure? No problem.
- You’ll learn self-care techniques that you can use at home.
- We nourish your skin with organic coconut oil. We wouldn’t think of using oils extracted with solvents or lotions containing toxic chemicals.
- We provide comfort touches like soothing music, soft lighting, a table warmer and microfiber linens.
Enjoy the good life. Enjoy a massage.™
- Preventive maintenance for an overall feeling of well-being
- Increases blood and lymph fluid circulation
- Increases efficiency of the immune system
- Improves digestive disorders
- Reduces healing time of pulled muscles, sprains and swelling
- Increases respiratory efficiency through deeper, easier breathing
- Relieves stress and tension and related problems
- Reduces blood pressure
- Corrects muscle imbalances improving coordination and balance
- Reduces tension-related headaches
- Reduces muscle spasm and stiffness
- Provides relief from painful muscle knots, cramps, spasms and stiffness
- Increases range of motion in joints
- Speeds the removal of metabolic waste products, allowing more oxygen and nutrients to reach the cells
- Promotes better posture
- Balance and harmony for the mind, body and spirit
• Back pain
• Neck pain
• Rotator cuff (shoulder) pain
• Jaw pain (TMJD)
• Tennis elbow
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
• Hand and arm pain
• Repetitive Strain Injuries
• Pelvic pain
• Hip pain
• “Sciatic” pain (buttock and leg pain)
• Leg and knee pain
• Plantar fascitis (foot) pain
• Disc pain (bulge/rupture/herniation) and radiculopathy
• Frozen shoulder