Ramon Mascarenas, CMTPT, LMT at PalmLeaf Massage ClinicA unique full body massage for relaxation and pain relief
• Co-owner of PalmLeaf Massage Clinic
• Certified Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist
• PalmLeaf Massage Style – Integrated Lomi Lomi
• Certified Prenatal Massage Therapist
• Licensed Massage Therapist
Touch Style: Medium to Deep Pressure
Ramon blends many different techniques for a totally unique experience. His signature style is fast, rhythmic and deep, yet still provides the relaxing, meditative benefits of a full body massage. Ramon has a passion for helping his clients get to the root cause of their chronic pain. His holistic style includes teaching awareness of habits that cause and perpetuate muscle pain.
Ramon says, “In order to achieve pain management, we must form a partnership. I teach self care techniques so you can experience long-lasting pain relief and just use me for preventive maintenance.”
Born in The Philippines, Ramon’s family immigrated to Honolulu in 1972 and now resides in Northwest suburbs of Chicago since 1976. Ramon has two wonderful daughters.
Ramon and his wife, Jen, are the co-owners of PalmLeaf Massage Clinic.
Credentials and Modalities
- Member of National Association of Myofascial Trigger Point Therapists (NAMTPT)
- Member of American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- Certified Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist
- Certified Prenatal Massage Therapist
- Trained in Lomi Lomi, Hawaiian Massage Style
- Licensed Massage Therapist – Harper College
- Illinois State License #227.015844
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) #1831596899
Enjoy the good life. Enjoy a massage.™
Ramon Mascarenas is a member of National Association of Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist (NAMTPT) whose primary training is focused on identification and treatment of myofascial pain and dysfunction. If you experience chronic pain which other types of treatment or medications have not resolved then myofascial trigger points are a likely cause of your pain.
The word myofascial means muscle tissue (myo) and the connective tissue in and around it (fascia). Myofascial pain often results from muscle injury or repetitive strain. When stressed or injured, muscles often form trigger points, like contracted knots, that cause pain and tightness.
Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy can help with these conditions:
• Back pain
• Neck pain
• Rotator cuff (shoulder) pain
• Jaw pain (TMJD)
• Tennis elbow
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
• Hand and arm pain
• Repetitive Strain Injuries
• Pelvic pain
• Hip pain
• “Sciatic” pain (buttock and leg pain)
• Leg and knee pain
• Plantar fasciitis (foot) pain
• Disc pain (bulge/rupture/herniation) and radiculopathy
• Frozen shoulder
The PalmLeaf Massage Style combines Lomi Lomi style with guided meditation and is integrated with Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy and specific techniques which are customized to your needs. Lomi Lomi is a traditional Hawaiian style massage with energy work to heal through relaxation. This may include Hot Stone Massage, Cupping Therapy, Hydrotherapy (Hot and Cold) Treatment, and Breathing exercises.
About Lomi Lomi
It is a Hawaiian style of massage that supports the whole person—mind, body, and spirit. All of our services are inspired with Lomi Lomi.
“Lomilomi means the loving touch, a connection between heart, hand and soul with the Source of all life. The purpose is to revive the body, to move blood and lymph, to open spasms and remove waste materials from muscles and connective tissue.”
“… If your hands are gentle and loving, your patient will feel the sincerity of your heart and the Lord’s healing will flow through you both.”
by Aunty Margaret Machado, LMT
- Certified Prenatal Massage 16 CE by Karry Wolf Anderson (pregnancy massage)
- Advanced Trigger Point Techniques for Buttocks and Hip, by Mary Biancalana
Founder, MS Edu, CMTPT, LMT, Cert. Personal Trainer
- Advanced Range of Motion Assessment Upper Body, by Mary Biancalana
- Advanced Range of Motion Assessment Lower Body, by Mary Biancalana
- Advanced Trigger Point Techniques for Arm, Elbow, Wrist, and Hand, by Mary Biancalana
- Advanced Trigger Point Techniques for Shoulder, Chest, and Upper Back, by Mary Biancalana
- Advanced Trigger Point Techniques for Head, Neck, and Jaw, by Mary Biancalana
- Advanced Trigger Point Techniques for Thigh, Knee, Lower Leg, and Foot, by Mary Biancalana
- Advanced Perpetuating Factors of Muscle Pain and Dysfunction, by Mary Biancalana
- Frozen Shoulder Treatment Protocol, by Mary Biancalana
- Advance Trigger Point Techniques for Frozen Shoulder by Mary Biancalana
- Trained in Lomi Lomi under Daniel MooreLMT, NCBTMB and Uncle Kaipo Kaneakua of Oahu.
- Lomilomi Hawaiian Massage II, by Daniel Moore, LMT, NCBTMB
- Lomilomi Wela Pohaku Hawaiian Massage III (Advance Techniques with hot stone), by Daniel Moore, LMT, NCBTMB
- Opu huli ma’i ‘ka’ (Preserving the family tradition – lomilomi ‘ka’) by A’o Kupuna Parker Kaipo Kaneakua Sr.
- Compassionate Touch, 16 CE by Ann Catlan, LMT
Volunteer Work and Awards
- 2016-2017 Board member of National Association of Myofascial Trigger Point Therapists (NAMTPT)
- Member of American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- 2015 recognition award from American Massage Therapy Association – Illinois
- AMTA-IL volunteer
- Volunteered: June 2014 – Dec 2016 at Arlington Heights Senior Center as a massage therapist
- Volunteer since Dec 2015 at Buffalo Grove Park District’s Blood Drive providing chair massage
Great place to get your prenatal massage! They have awesome customer service, which made me feel welcomed every time I went. The massage itself was soothing and it definitely made my muscle pains from the pregnancy better. I had Ramon, who was very nice and attended to my specific needs very well. Great place! — Tenyen C., Yelp Review at PalmLeaf Massage Clinic
This is my first experience with Lomi Lomi style massage. I have had a number other massages that were nothing special and did not meet my expectations for stress and muscle pain relief. Through Ramon I have experienced the most amazing massage. I have had years of chronic pain in my neck, shoulders, and back. Much of this is from my occupation. He is able to find my pain areas and work them out. My range of motion has improved. He also recommended home care techniques for me to maintain the health of my muscles. The unexpected result for me has been the release of emotional stress from so many years of pain. As I was laying on his table, the floodgates of emotional stress opened and I felt the freedom to finally let all that go. I have experienced has both physical and emotional healing through Ramon’s care. — Dr. Dan F.